Deadline Date: 2021/06/01
Mental Heath & Addictions Counsellor (MHAC)
2 Positions Available
LOCATION: Dryden, Ontario
Open until Filled.
- Posting Date:
- P.O. Box 326
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
The MHAC will provide direct counselling to clients 16 years of age and older, as appropriate, as well as work collaboratively with a variety of services and/or service providers. The MHAC will apply best practices for mental health and addictions services as well as programs to clients.
The Mental Health and Addictions Counsellor (MHAC) will provide early identification and intervention in the areas of counselling, skill development, and support services to Clients who are experiencing familial, emotional, behavioral, loss, and grief as well as Addiction issues.
The MHAC Counsels clients in individual and group sessions and completes comprehensive referrals for clients who may be referred for other treatment within or outside of the community.
The MHAC will provide assessment, counselling, referrals, and collaborate with other Mental Health service providers to ensure a continuum of care in the community for the individual and/or families.
SUMMARY OF KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Post-Secondary Education requirements include a Diploma in Mental Health or Social Worker program and/or a Bachelor of Arts in the Mental Health field.
- Two years minimum of direct clinical experience working with clients, adolescents, and families
- Clinical knowledge of indigenous mental health challenges and interventions, assessment, counselling skills, case management and program development (counselling individuals as well as group sessions)
- Ability to incorporate culturally specific approaches to healing and programming
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), organizational, and facilitation/training skills.
- Excellent computer skills
- Fluency in the Anishinaabe language is an asset
- Successful completion of a criminal record check including a vulnerable sector check
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Please forward a cover letter, and resume with 3 References to:
Paawidigong First Nations Forum Inc.
P.O. Box 326, Dryden, ON, P8N 2Z1
Tel: (807) 223-5080
Fax: (807) 223-5012
(Ensure your email subject clearly indicates MHAC Position)
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Executive Director
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Paawidigong First Nations Forum Inc.
- 105 King St.
- Postal Code:
- P8N 1C1
- Web Address: