Deadline Date: 2021/01/31
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. has an exciting opportunity for experienced Mine Supervisors to join our team at the Hemlo Operations near Marathon, Ontario. Working a rotation of 14-shifts on / 14-shifts off, days and nights
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
Reporting to the Mine Forepersons the successful candidate will be responsible for their safety and the safety of their co-workers while supervising underground mining crews to achieve production targets of the mine plan.
More specifically, our Supervisors will:
- Comply with all safety and standard operating procedures;
- Provide front-line supervision of day-to-day activities, motivate and provide feedback to workers;
- Coordinate daily operations and tasks to execute the mine plan and achieve production goals by the set deadlines;
- Inspect workplaces;
- Collaborate with the various departments to improve working conditions and increase productivity;
- Write production reports;
- Lead crew line-up meetings;
Skills and Experience:
- Commitment to working safely while ensuring the safety of others;
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalency;
- Minimum 5-10 years of underground mining experience;
- Minimum 3-5 years in a supervisory role;
- Underground Hard Rock Mining Supervisory Common Core;
- Experience in conventional and mechanized mining;
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
What we offer:
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. can offer you a role where you will be challenged and valued for your skills and experience. You will also have the opportunity to develop and grow your career.
We offer a competitive salary, health and medical benefits, travel allowance, meals and camp accommodations in Marathon Ontario, which is located on the north shore of Lake Superior.
NOTE: Selected candidates will have to successfully complete a pre-employment Fit for Duty medical which includes alcohol and drug screening.
- Location: Hemlo Operations, near Marathon, Ontario
- Open to Canadian Residents
- Rotations: 14 shifts on/14 shifts off
This position is a drive-in/drive-out or fly-in/fly-out role if you reside outside the Marathon/Manitouwadge Ontario area.
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. is part of the Perenti Group, Australia's second largest integrated mining services provider.
New to Canada, Barminco is already a global leader in hard rock underground mining. Together with African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) we have been operating for over 30 years in Australia and across Africa. New projects will see Barminco and AUMS grow to over 4,500 employees.
We provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects all over the world. At Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd., we are committed to fostering a culture that understands and values inclusion and diversity.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
How to Apply:
Start your application by visiting: https://barminco.com.au/
Please include copies of your Ontario Underground Common Core Modular Training Transcript and all other certifications you may have that is relevant to the role you are applying for.
We look forward to reviewing your application, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Want to know more about Barminco, Check out our website here https://barminco.com.au/ or follow us on LinkedIn @Barminco
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: