Deadline Date: 2021/10/31
Location: Fort Frances
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 382 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is seeking a responsible and patient-oriented individual to join our team in Fort Frances, Ontario as a Mobile and Lab Patient Technician. LifeLabs is
- Posting Date:
- Fort Frances
- 301 Victoria Ave, Fort Frances
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Organizing a daily schedule of visits to facilities and private residences in order to collect specimens as per physicians’ requests, planning your route according to courier times, specimen integrity, and required travel time.
- Performing phlebotomies, connecting/disconnecting holter monitors, and performing ECG tracings.
- Collecting and delivering specimens to designated labs for testing.
- Accession, spin, separate and prepare for transport to reference lab as required.
- Booking patient appointments, requesting required information from patients, explaining the specimen collection process and ensuring patients have followed necessary test protocol prior to specimen collection.
- Liaising with doctors, facility staff, and CCAC staff regarding patient problems, changes in scheduling, specimen collection procedures, and other matters.
- Greet and request required information from patients, explain the specimen collection process, and ensure patients have followed necessary test protocol prior to specimen collection.
- Perform phlebotomies, connect/disconnect holter monitors, and perform ECG tracings.
- Perform special test collections, such as medical/legal drug screens, paternity tests, and clinical trials, and complete related documentation.
- Maintain client relationships, including responding to inquiries and following up on requests.
- Complete data entry of required patient demographics, requisition information, and other information related to processing test results.
- Prepare specimens for transportation and testing.
- Graduate of an approved Laboratory Assistant program or equivalent.
- Phlebotomy experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good computer skills with a minimum typing speed of 40 wpm.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and access to a vehicle.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to think quickly on your feet.
Our Mobile Lab Patient Technicians play an important part in on-site patient care in locations including private homes, commercial facilities, retirement homes, and long-term care facilities. This is an active and rewarding role that will let you build relationships with patients and see the difference that you make in their lives and healthcare outcomes.
As a Lab Patient Technician you will be responsible for the specimen collection process, from greeting patients through to preparation of specimens for transportation. This is an important role in patient care and our business, and will let you see the difference that you make in patients’ lives
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Please use the link below to directly apply on our websites:
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Ghazaleh Aminoltejari
- Position Title:
- Sr Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Company Name:
- 3680 Gilmore Way, Burnaby, BC
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: