Deadline Date: 2021/05/31
Location: White River
Under the direction of the Lead Nurse Practitioner (NP), the Nurse Practitioner provides primary health care services (full scope) to clients across the lifespan. The NP works in a multidisciplinary team emphasizing a holistic approach to health promotion, disease prevention, health assessment, and therapeutic intervention.
- Posting Date:
- 102 Winnipeg St
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides comprehensive primary health care using the full scope of NP practice as set by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Provides services to individuals of all development stages, and to families and communities.
- Provides comprehensive health services encompassing health promotion, prevention of diseases and injuries, cure, rehabilitation, and support services.
- Provides primary and urgent care within the Nurse Practitioner Candidate scope of practice in the communities we serve.
- Determines the need for and implements health promotion, primary, secondary prevention strategies for individuals, families, cultural groups, and/or communities we serve.
- Provides health education independently or in collaboration with other providers using applied theories of teaching and learning.
- Assists with identifying, planning, and developing new programs and initiatives.
- Works with clinic staff to ensure quality patient care and services are provided.
- Gathers and reports data for fiscal, statistical, and analysis purposes.
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality.
- Participate in the professional and personal development of self.
- Develops a strong team commitment and good relationship with staff.
- Maintains a ministry-defined patient caseload.
- Uses an electronic record to improve patient outcomes.
- Understands policies and procedures on employee and patient rights, employment equity, access to information, privacy, safety, and health – with respect to these policies, knowing the rights and obligations of employees and clients.
- You are registered as a Registered Nurse Extended Class (Nurse Practitioner) in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- You have a Nurse Practitioner specialty certificate in primary health care or adult care
- You have knowledge of illness/disease theory, health promotion and prevention, pharmaceuticals, diagnostic and laboratory testing, evidence-based practice and current treatment modalities
- You have knowledge of mental health and addiction treatment options
- You can interpret and apply legislation to practice (i.e., Health Care Consent Act, Personal Health Information Protection Act, Regulated Health Professions Act, etc.)
Clinical Assessment, Critical Reasoning, and Analytical Skills
- Understanding of the health care system as it relates to Northern Ontario.
- Sensitivity to the needs of the community.
- Knowledge of primary health care systems and primary care models.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making, and organizing skills.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- You can communicate effectively and present information in a clear and concise manner
- You can document care and progress by preparing progress notes, written treatment plans and clinical summaries
- You can adapt your communication skills to provide information and health teaching to a diverse population
- You can advocate for, and encourage, patient participation in their plan of care
- You can support patients in the implementation and modification of their treatment plan
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Please submit résumé to: Carolyn Burton
The Northern Neighbours Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic
102 Winnipeg Street, Box 278
White River, ON P0M 3G0
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Carolyn Burton
- Position Title:
- Clinic Administrator
- Company Name:
- 102 Winnipeg St, P.O Box 278
- White River
- Postal Code:
- 8078222320 ext 105
- Web Address:
- //102 Winnipeg St, P.O Box 278