Deadline Date: 2020/12/03
Location: Red Lake
To assist the MPP by completing assigned casework and outreach duties
- Posting Date:
- Red Lake
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Social Science, Education, Government Service and Religion
Status: Permanent - Part-time (10 hours/week)
Department/ Location: MPP Sol Mamakwa (Kiiwetinoong – Red Lake) Constituency Office
TASK, DUTIES, AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Preparing, gathering, maintaining and compiling research material as requested by Member to aid in communicating with constituents and organizations in the constituency.
- Responding to requests for research or information from the MPP’s constituents.
- Monitor local media to ensure a strong media presence for the Member. May include preparing weekly columns, drafting op-eds, standard media releases and arranging stand-up interviews.
- Work with the MPP and caucus communications department to develop a strong social media presence and manage online social media to increase MPP’s visual identity, and assist with outreach and engagement to help promote awareness of the MPP in the riding.
- Keeping informed in all policy areas assigned by Member and liaising with interest groups within the constituency.
- Dealing with enquiries and solving problems and advocating for constituents (casework).
- Contacting and responding to constituents by telephone, writing and in person.
- Contacting senior government personnel, officials from outside organizations, and local government.
- Preparing all documentation related to casework.
- Travel throughout the Riding to perform outreach, casework and event planning.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Member.
- Knowledge of the NDP and the Canadian labour movement, Canadian government, Ontario government and public affairs.
- Ability to write articles and reports, to meet deadlines, produce accurate work and maintain organized records
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Equity and Diversity frameworks and considerations and as it applies to the duties of the position
- Ability to advocate effectively on behalf of the Member’s constituents.
- Excellent computer skills required including Twitter, Facebook, Mailchimp, etc.
- Familiarity with member’s constituency and portfolio areas and key stakeholder groups in the riding is essential.
- Proficiency in English is essential.
- Experience in NDP organizations and community organizing is an asset.
- Knowledge and existing rapport with local riding and community members are preferred.
- Proficiency in social media is desired.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Please apply on this link https://ndp.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=61
Thank you for your application. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Deepika Sigamani
- Position Title:
- HR Assistant
- Company Name:
- Ontario NDP
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: