Deadline Date: 2021/04/28
We're Hiring Personal Support Workers - Come and join our team!
At London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC), which consists of Victoria Hospital, University Hospital, and the Children’s Hospital, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees. LHSC focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and valued.
- Posting Date:
- 800 Commissioners Road East
- Start Date:
- Full & Part Time
- $22.53 to $23.50
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- We’re currently searching for dedicated, qualified Personal Support Workers to join our dynamic Personal Support Worker Resource team. The Personal Support Worker, or PSW, is a caregiver who works under the direction of a supervisor (e.g. Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse). All Personal Support Workers hired into London Health Sciences Centre are hired on the Personal Support Worker Resource Team which supports both University and Victoria Hospital.
Rate of Pay: $22.53 to $23.50 per hour
- Proof of successful completion of a PSW certificate from a recognized Ontario PSW program
- Proof of Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers BLS-HCP(C)
- Recent, related experience working as a PSW
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate effectively in English
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position
- Excellent communication abilities and interpersonal skills to interact positively and effectively with patients, staff and the general public
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and changing tasks that require attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Commitment to patient/family centred care with a service oriented attitude
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills: Windows Environment, Internet, and GroupWise
- Ability to problem solve and demonstrate initiative within appropriate scope of practice
- Knowledge of patient requirements with respect to prescribed diets/menus
- Demonstrated knowledge of protocol to escalate concerns
- Must be self directed and show initiative
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Provide Immunization or proof of immunity reflective of Ontario Hospital Association (OHA) Guidelines. These include measles, mumps, rubella and varicella, and a tuberculosis skin test.
- Additional immunizations may be recommended. Detailed information regarding health review requirements and immunization can be found at https://www.lhsc.on.ca/careers/health-review-requirements
- We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services, and are also fully compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), as applicable.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory Police Information Check (original document) completed in the last 3 months.
Together we care, we learn, we discover.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- To apply, please visit http://www.lhsc.on.ca/careers
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Recruitment Services
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- London Health Sciences Centre
- 800 Commissioners Road East
- Postal Code:
- N6A 5W9
- Web Address: