Deadline Date: 2021/03/15
Location: Northern Ontario
We are currently seeking to hire Primary Care Paramedics (PCPs) with our Northwest Emergency Medical Services (NWEMS) team who are willing to work on a casual basis at our various land ambulance bases located across the beautiful District of Kenora. Primary Care Paramedics operate emergency vehicles and provide pre-hospital emergency medical care and transportation for ill and/or injured persons.
- Posting Date:
- Northern Ontario
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
Located along the Trans-Canada Highway between the neighbouring centres of Winnipeg and Thunder Bay, the District of Kenora is comprised of several communities offering an experience in nature like no other. There are endless activities sure to appeal to any outdoor enthusiast ranging from fishing, boating, kayaking, snowshoeing, skiing, and golf, to name a few. Calling Northwestern Ontario home offers plenty of opportunity to experience new things both at work and after work.
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) provides help and support when you need it. With forward thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire Primary Care Paramedics (PCPs) with our Northwest Emergency Medical Services (NWEMS) team who are willing to work on a casual basis at our various land ambulance bases located across the beautiful District of Kenora. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, the incredible outdoors, career development possibilities, and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
In collaboration with the Superintendents of Operations, the Primary Care Paramedics operate emergency vehicles and provide pre-hospital emergency medical care and transportation for ill and/or injured persons. As a casual employee, you are employed on a relief and/or replacement basis with no regular schedule, however, there is often the opportunity to work up to full-time hours and bid on temporary or permanent positions.
Successful candidates will:
- Be able to work shifts as scheduled including days, nights, weekends and on-call during which you are able to respond quickly and efficiently to emergency calls
- Utilize exceptional interpersonal skills, courtesy, tact, and compassion and work effectively in a demanding, challenging emergency medical services environment
- Be able to meet the physical demands necessary to perform patient extrication, lifting, carrying, positioning, and treatment
Qualifications will include:
- Certification as a Primary Care Paramedic as defined in the Ambulance Act (upcoming graduates are welcome to apply, additional documentation may be required at a later date)
- Certification as an Advanced Emergency Medical Care Assistant (AEMCA) issued by the MOHLTC (those pending writing the AEMCA exam are eligible to apply, additional documentation may be required at a later date)Working knowledge of the Ambulance Act, Basic & Advanced Life Support Patient Care Standards, and other MOHLTC regulations governing the provision of Ambulance Services.
- Valid CPR BLS Provider Level and a valid Ontario Class F Driver’s License (or equivalent
- The ability to provide a current, satisfactory driver’s abstract and criminal background check including vulnerable sector screening, upon request
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Interested applicants are invited to review the Recruitment Process Overview (found on our website) and submit their Employment Application for a Primary Care Paramedic (attached) along with their cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail, on or before March 15, 2021 at 12:00pm (noon) local time to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board - NWEMS
Email: email@example.com; Fax: (807) 223-6500
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Tyler Johnson
- Position Title:
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Company Name:
- Northwest EMS, Kenora District Services Board
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: