Deadline Date: 2021/09/30
North of Superior Counselling Programs, Program Assistant for Marathon, ON Permanent Full-time
Posting No. PA2021-r04
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Social Science, Education, Government Service and Religion
The Program Assistant (PA) provides administrative support for NOSP’s clinical programs and services. Working in an inter-disciplinary environment, the PA performs those functions supportive of the daily operations and delivery of programs and services, ensuring that discretion and confidentiality is maintained at all times. The PA is often the first contact point for referred individuals, community partners, members of the community, etc. and is therefore in the role of ambassador for NOSP, ensuring that those connecting with the agency feel welcome, supported, respected and safe and, further, that barriers to accessing services are reduced or removed. The PA, as one of a number of PAs within NOSP, has a shared responsibility for providing agency-wide reception duties and back-up for fellow PAs during scheduled and unscheduled absences.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Supports the delivery of clinical programs and services, including:
• Greeting, welcoming and registering agency clients upon their arrival, ensuring clinicians are informed of their client arrival.
• Greeting, welcoming and directing visitors and guests to the site, ensuring that the required connections are facilitated.
• Receiving and triaging incoming phone calls, ensuring that the caller or client is responded to in keeping with identified need(s).
Updating client demographic information, as required, and maintaining an up-to-date client service directory within the electronic client clinical record.
• Documenting any client contacts within the electronic client clinical record.
• Scheduling of consultations with Psychiatrist(s), clinician and client and setting up of the Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) technology to facilitate virtual consultations and/or organizing of the on-site room booking to facilitate face-to-face appointments.
• Transcribing of notes generated during psychiatrist consultation appointments.
• Supporting clinicians with the scanning and uploading of client-related forms, tools and resources, etc., into the electronic client clinical record and appropriately documenting the same.
• Providing back-up coverage for fellow PAs during scheduled or unscheduled absences, supporting clinicians and teams across the organization and receiving and responding to phone calls intended for any one of the NOSP offices.
• Receiving and processing payment for services, where applicable, and providing required receipts for clients; ensuring all payments and corresponding paperwork is forwarded to the Administrative Manager, or designate, for processing and submission to Finance.
• Managing and updating shared calendars and supporting appointment bookings and cancelations, as required.
• Receiving and processing incoming program-related mail and faxes.
• Collecting and reporting of required program and service statistics.
• Maintaining a central repository of all current letter templates, forms, etc., required for use by the clinical team.
• Supporting the safe and secure management of client files through the identification of risks and working collaboratively with leadership to identify solutions, scanning of paper files and identifying opportunities for more effective and efficient file management.
• Providing support for the clinical team, as required, with scanning, faxing, client call-outs, etc.
• Managing office supplies and PPE supplies for assigned sites, ensuring adequate supplies are on-hand at any given time and submitting orders as needs arise.
• Managing site petty cash, reconciling and submitting for reimbursement as required.
• Managing any equipment assigned to a specific site, ensuring equipment is secured when not in use and signed-out when borrowed by staff (e.g., spare cell phones, projectors, spare lap tops, tablets, etc.).
• Coordinating meetings and events, as required and in collaboration with the Administrative Manager, or designate, supporting the booking of space, ordering of food, beverages and supplies, distribution of agendas, minute taking, etc.
• Maintaining an up-to-date procedural manual of PA responsibilities so as to support position coverage and succession planning.
• Participate as an active and contributing member of the NOSP team.
• Participate in team and agency staff meetings, actively contributing to discussion, planning and problem solving.
• Participate in agency change initiatives, actively contributing input to support for success.
• Participate in research and program evaluation projects within the agency.
• Participate in and contribute to agency-wide activities and initiatives (e.g., committees, working groups, agency planning days, etc.).
• Familiarize self and work in alignment with agency policies and procedures, identified standards of practice and governing legislation.
• Maintain up-to-date documentation within the agency’s electronic case management system, applying Standards of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) as they relate to clinical documentation.
Occupational Health and Safety
• Follow all policies and procedures to ensure personal safety and safety of others.
• Following the principles of the Internal Responsibility System (IRS), report any observed health and safety risks to the immediate manager or designate.
• Recovery focused and person- centered orientation
• Critical thinking skills
• Mindful and self-reflective
• Excellent communication skills
• Adaptable and flexible
• Sound decision-making skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Accountable and dependable
• Ability to work both independently and within an interdisciplinary team
• Creative and innovative
• Detail oriented
• Effective planning, organizational and time management skills
• Successful completion of a post-secondary Diploma program in Office Administration, Medical Office Administration (MOA), or equivalent.
• A minimum two (2) years of experience working in an administrative role, within the last five years, ideally within a clinical service setting.
• An understanding of the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) and the ability to effectively apply privacy practices within the rural living context.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Familiar with and comfortable working in various database systems, including Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) and Client Case Management (CCM) systems.
• Excellent typing and transcription skills.
• Demonstrated administrative skills including the ability to confidently operate standard office equipment (e.g., fax machine, scanner, computer, photocopier, video conferencing equipment, etc.).
• Ability to function both independently, with minimal supervision, and in a team environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to present a positive, professional image including, but not limited to, a high degree of judgement, initiative, tact and discretion.
• Ability to follow safe work practices, as well as recognize health and safety risks.
• A valid Ontario Driver's Licence is required. The use of a privately-owned vehicle and appropriate insurance coverage is required.
• Ability to travel across the District of Thunder Bay and/or out-of-District communities, as required.
• Ability to speak French is considered an asset.
• The position may require working flexible hours contingent upon program need.
Posting No. PA2021-r04 Posting Date: July 28, 2021 Position Title: Program Assistant (PA) Position Status: Permanent Full-time Union Position: CUPE Rate of Pay: $39,622 - $45,250 Location: Marathon
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- OPEN UNTIL FILLED
- How To Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and current resume to the attention of Bobby Jo Smith, Executive Director, via firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing the Posting No. found at the top of this posting, no later than:
Internal Candidates: August 3, 2021 at 11:59pm
External Candidates: This position will remain posted until filled.
**This is an equal opportunity position***
In order to ensure equal opportunity during the recruitment and selection process, NOSP provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Bobby Jo Smith
- Position Title:
- Executive Director
- Company Name:
- North of Superior Counselling Programs
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: