Deadline Date: 2022/02/24
Hoshizaki House is currently accepting applications for a Full-Time Program Manager. The program Manager is to provide support and leadership in areas of Human Resources and Direct Shelter Services.
- Posting Date:
- Box 974
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
The Program Manager is an active participant in the Management Team of the Organization, reporting directly to the Executive Director. The Program Manager shall contribute to the achievement of the mission, vision and strategic directions of the Agency. In the absence for the Executive Director, the Program Manager acts on behalf of the Executive Director in an “Acting Capacity”.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Post-Secondary Education in Social Services/Women’s Issues, or equivalent through a combination of relevant education and related experience.
- One (1) year or more experience at a Supervisory/Management Level preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to Women’s Issues and the Anti-Violence Movement.
- Knowledge of, Familiarity with and Experience working in the Area of Violence against Women and Children; preferably in a Managerial Leadership Capacity.
- Knowledge and Understanding of Anti-Racism/Anti-Oppression and Harm Reduction frameworks.
- Political and Social understanding of Women Abuse from a feminist perspective.
- Knowledge and Experience with Labor and Employee relations
- Supervisory skills, Administrative skills and Human Resource Management skills required
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a unionized environment is preferred
- Experience working in a shelter is an asset
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure and can adapt to changing environments
- Familiarity with computer work process programs and databases
- Willingness to work flexible hours, on call occasionally and weekends as required
- Ability to relate to people from diverse ethnic, cultural, and racial backgrounds and a demonstrated cultural competency
- Demonstrated skill in team building and group facilitation
- Knowledge of community services and resources and how to access them
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle required
- Possession of a current CPR/First Aid certificate an asset.
- Committed to Employment Equity
- Current Criminal Reference including a vulnerable sectors check required
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and a copy of your resume including three references to:
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday January 24, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Stacey Lambe
- Position Title:
- Executive Director
- Company Name:
- Hoshizaki House
- Box 974
- Postal Code:
- P8N 3E3
- 1 807 223 7311 Ext 3
- Web Address: