Deadline Date: 2021/05/17
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is made up of a team of experts who understand local communities and assess every property in Ontario. What we do provides the very foundation that municipalities use to base the property taxes needed to pay for the services we use every day. We are looking for a Property Inspector - Temp up to 18 Months.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Here’s what you will do as part of the team:
- Collect data through onsite property inspections, critical to formulating accurate property assessment values;
- Update and retrieve data from various MPAC systems and databases;
- Communicate with property owners, tax agents, occupants, tenants, builders, and municipal staff in person, over the phone or electronically;
- Visit new construction sites to review builder plans; and
- Interact daily with Property Valuation Analysts and Specialists on your team, who rely heavily on the data you collect and update for decision-making.
- Here’s what you will need to succeed:
- A valid G2 or G Ontario driver’s license;
- The ability to effectively collect and handle data in a way that ensures its credibility and integrity;
- A meticulous eye for detail and aptitude for working with numbers;
- A strong customer focus, consistently displaying understanding and dedication to doing what’s right for MPAC’s internal and external stakeholders;
- The ability to work with different technologies and databases;
- The capacity to make often complex information easy to understand for property taxpayers; and
- Overnight travel may be required.
Nice to have:
- Volunteer or work-related experience in the real estate or property assessment field;
- A certification (or working towards one) with the IMA, AIC, IAAO or RICS or similar industry association; and
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field such as Real Property Valuation, Geography, Urban Studies, Economics, Commerce, Architecture, Construction, Civil Engineering etc.
- What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation
- Great corporate culture
- Flexible work
- Opportunity for growth
- Strong focus on learning, professional accreditation and mentorship
- Leading edge technology
Full time MPAC employees also enjoy: competitive benefits package, defined benefits pension plan, three weeks’ vacation to start, parental leave top-up and more.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- Ready to apply?
Click on this link https://www.brainhunter.com/frontoffice/seekerJobDetailAction.do?sitecode=pl707&jobId=2355394&page=search followed by the “Apply Online” icon once within the posting, create your candidate profile and upload your resume and cover letter by May 17, 2021. Please note, only applications submitted through the Applicant Tracking System will be accepted.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background verification with Mintz Global Screening. By applying to this job posting, you are providing your consent to MPAC to share your name, email address and phone number with Mintz, to conduct the criminal and driver abstract check and for Mintz to disclose the results to MPAC, should you be the successful incumbent.
MPAC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflect the diversity of the public and communities we serve.
Persons with disability who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may email their request to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be posted in both English and French on our website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are only posted in English on the English version of our website.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: