Deadline Date: 2022/01/25
Do you want to be part of a team helping to strengthen every community across Ontario? Are you interested in seeing the importance of your work firsthand? Become a Property Valuation Specialist with MPAC
- Posting Date:
- 40 Earl Avenue
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Property Assessment
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is made up of a team of experts who understand local communities and assess every property in Ontario. What we do provides the very foundation that municipalities use to base the property taxes needed to pay for the services we use every day. Learn more >
Here’s what you will do as part of the team:
- Explicitly communicate valuation and assessment of properties to stakeholders and property owners;
- Explain the assessed value and classification of properties through methodology and process at challenged court and tribunal cases;
- Train, coach, and mentor Analysts and Property Inspectors while also reviewing their completed work for accuracy, efficiency and compliance with policies and procedures;
- Monitor local markets for economic factors that may influence or impact property valuations; and
- Develop valuation reports through research and analysis for internal and external stakeholders.
Here’s what you will need to succeed:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Real Property Administration, Real Estate and Housing, Geography, Urban Planning or related field;
- Professional designation, or working towards (completion by January 1, 2023) from one of the following accrediting organizations: IMA, AIC, IAAO or RICS;
- 5+ years progressive experience in the specific valuation disciplines;
- Note, as this is a developmental opportunity, applicants with 3 years or greater of valuation experience will be considered.
- Expert knowledge of appraisal techniques and theory on the approaches to value; and
- Advanced knowledge of the Assessment Act and the Municipal Act.
Nice to have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills to liaise with clients and legal representatives regarding valuation concepts, theories and values;
- Thorough knowledge and experience in valuation tools such as cost manuals and multiple regression analysis; and
- In-depth research, analytical and problem-solving skills in valuation investigation.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation
- Great corporate culture
- Flexible work
- Opportunity for growth
- Strong focus on learning, professional accreditation and mentorship
- Leading edge technology
Full time MPAC employees also enjoy: competitive benefits package, defined benefits pension plan, three weeks’ vacation to start, parental leave top-up and more.
MPAC is committed to doing our part in the fight against COVID-19 and requires that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of working at MPAC. MPAC recognizes its obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code and will provide accommodation where such requests are substantiated. As a result, if you are the successful applicant for a position, you will be required to submit proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your first date of employment.
Posting number: MPAC-011-22
Number of positions: 1
Location: Dryden, Kenora, Fort Frances
Hours of work: 36.25 hours per week
Employment type: Temporary Assignment up to 12 Months
Department: Valuation and Customer Relations
Position level and salary: (PA5) $77,972
Area of Search: Open
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Ready to apply?
Click on this link followed by the “Apply Online” icon once within the posting, create your candidate profile and upload your resume and cover letter by January 25, 2022. Please note, only applications submitted through the Applicant Tracking System will be accepted.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background verification with Mintz Global Screening. By applying to this job posting, you are providing your consent to MPAC to share your name, email address and phone number with Mintz, to conduct the criminal and driver abstract check and for Mintz to disclose the results to MPAC, should you be the successful incumbent.
MPAC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflect the diversity of the public and communities we serve.
Persons with disability who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be posted in both English and French on our website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are only posted in English on the English version of our website.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Rosalie Conte
- Position Title:
- Human Resources Coodinator
- Company Name:
- Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC)
- 1340 Pickering Parkway
- Postal Code:
- L1V 0C4
- Web Address: