Deadline Date: 2021/04/16
Location: Thunder Bay
As part of the Waabogonee Early ON Child & Family Centre team, the RECE's primary responsibility is to provide a range of direct services and programming to children (ages 0-6) and their families with the following objectives: cultural development and retention, child development and nutrition, parenting skills and community development. The RECE will develop opportunities that support the emotional, physical, cognitive and social needs of children and their families.
- Posting Date:
- Thunder Bay
- 401 N Cumberland Street
- Start Date:
- 35 per week
- $50,000 per annum
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Social Science, Education, Government Service and Religion, Art, Culture, Recreation and Sport
- Please see job description for complete details at https://tbifc.ca/get-involved/job-postings/
- Preferred diploma in Early Childhood Education (ECE/RECE) and/or equivalent experience; must be registered and a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
- Knowledge of the ECE Code of Ethics and the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014.
- Knowledge of child development theories and practices, emerging trends in early childhood education, determinants of health, and supportive, preventative programming.
- Ability to effectively interact and relate to children and their families.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Ability to lift / carry and supervise children.
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture and experience working with Indigenous persons; understanding of the northern cultural environment; knowledge of an Indigenous language(s) will be considered an asset.
- Ability to engage people to build trust and rapport; effective verbal and listening communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including database applications.
- Excellent case and file management skills, stress management and time management skills.
- Group facilitation, team building and decision making skills; ability to problem solve.
- Effective crisis intervention skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, possibly evenings and/or weekends.
- Current First Aid / CPR Certificate and Safe Food Handling certification is an asset.
- A clear criminal reference check (CPIC) and Vulnerable Sector Clearance will be a condition of employment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Will require a valid Drivers Abstract upon hiring.
- The Thunder Bay Indigenous Friendship Centre is an equal opportunity employer.
Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume with three (3) references to:
Attention: Hiring Committee
Thunder Bay Indigenous Friendship Centre
401 N Cumberland Street Thunder Bay, ON P7A 4P7
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 807-344-8945
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Hiring Committee
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Thunder Bay Indigenous Friendship Centre
- 401 Cumberland Street North
- Thunder Bay
- Postal Code:
- P7A 4P7
- Web Address: