Deadline Date: 2021/06/01
REGISTERED NURSE, RN
2 Positions Available
LOCATION: Dryden, Ontario
Open until Filled.
- Posting Date:
- P.O. Box 326
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Paawidigong First Nations Forum Registered Nurse provides outreach services in two First Nation communities within the boundaries of the Paawidigong First Nation Forum region.
Outreach services include, but are not limited to; Health education, Community based health prevention and promotion activities to promote healthy life choices, nursing care through home visits, Immunizations for infants, children and adults, screening, and prevention activities for diseases such as cancer, diabetes, hypertension, and diabetes management.
Facilitating health workshops and clinics and collaborating with community care workers as well as various agencies to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, holistic, and culturally safe care for our clients.
SUMMARY OF KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- An approved Canadian University Baccalaureate/Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Valid CPR certification – level HCP (Health Care Provider)
- Advanced certification such as Foot Care and Diabetes Management is considered an asset.
- Current certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Excellent patient assessment and triaging skills including a Health Assessment course
- Awareness of Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO) initiatives that promote best evidence-based practice.
- Minimum five years nursing experience with First Nations
- Experience in Community Health Nursing and/or Home and Community Care/Public Health Nursing is preferred
- Proficient Computer Skills
- Strong Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to show initiative and self-direction.
- Fluency in the Anishinaabe language is an asset.
- Successful completion of a criminal record check including a vulnerable sector check.
- Travel is a requirement of this position therefore, Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable personal vehicle is required.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Please forward a cover letter, and resume with 3 References to:
Paawidigong First Nations Forum Inc.
P.O. Box 326, Dryden, ON, P8N 2Z1
Tel: (807) 223-5080
Fax: (807) 223-5012
(Ensure your email subject clearly indicates the Registered Nurse Position)
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Executive Director
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Paawidigong First Nations Forum Inc.
- 105 King St.
- Postal Code:
- P8N 1C1
- 807 223 5080
- Web Address: