Deadline Date: 2021/12/31
- Posting Date:
- 625 Runnymede Road
- Start Date:
- As per SEIU Collective Agreement
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday, Varied
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) - Temporary and Permanent Part-time (multiple positions): The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) in collaboration with the inter-professional team will deliver care and treatment to patients whose care needs are well defined and established; with predictable outcomes and manageable responses. This is accomplished through assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, education and preventative measures for the maintenance of health and functional abilities to a diverse patient population. The RPN provides excellent care by demonstrating compassion, professionalism and respect.
- Current certificate of competence as a Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Diploma from a recognized RPN program or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of nursing experience in a Rehabilitation/Complex Continuing Care Hospital or Acute Care Hospital preferred
- If graduated prior to 1995, must have medication administration certificate from an approved community college
- Physical Assessment course essential
- Good understanding of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Standards of Practice
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support certification (BCLS) required
- Active involvement in own/our continuing education
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage workload
- Experience with Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with the interprofessional team, patients and their families
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to provide culturally sensitive and senior friendly patient care
- An Excellent Attendance Record is a prerequisite
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume, quoting the job title (RPN-#0121) in the subject line, to email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Runnymede Healthcare Centre values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to employment equity and providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA).
Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment purposes only and not for any other purpose.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Runnymede Healthcare Centre
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: