Deadline Date: 2021/05/31
Barminco Mine Services Canada Ltd. has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Loader (Scoop) Operator to join our team at the Hemlo Operations near Marathon, Ontario.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for their safety and the safety of their co-workers while operating loading units underground.
More specifically, our Operators will:
- Muck headings and stockpiles (manual and remote)
- Load trucks with ore or waste
- Keep all working areas and travel ways free of debris, and potential hazards
- Assist with other mine services as required
- Be open to learning new methods and be willing to share their skills and knowledge with co-workers
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalency
- Demonstrated commitment to working safely while ensuring the safety of others
- Underground Common Core and specialty modules
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working underground
- Previous experience mucking with Sandvic and/or Cat loading units is an asset
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Must have good radio etiquette and strong communications skills
- Be flexible and willing to assist with a variety of tasks as required
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. is part of the Perenti Group, Australia's second largest integrated mining services provider.
New to Canada, Barminco is already a global leader in hard rock underground mining. Together with African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) we have been operating for over 30 years in Australia and across Africa. New projects will see Barminco and AUMS grow to over 4,500 employees.
We provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects all over the world. At Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd., we are committed to fostering a culture that understands and values inclusion and diversity.
This position works 14-days on / 14-days off
Shifts are days and nights.
It is a "drive in/drive out" position if you reside outside the Marathon, Ontario region.
- Location: Hemlo Operations near Marathon, Ontario
- Open to Canadian Residents
What we offer:
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. can offer you a role where you will be challenged and valued for your skills and experience. You will also have the opportunity to develop and grow your career. If you love adventure, this role is for you.
We offer a competitive salary, health and medical benefits, travel allowance, meals and camp accommodations in Marathon Ontario, located on the north shore of Lake Superior.
NOTE: Selected candidates will have to successfully complete a pre-employment Fit-for-Duty medical including alcohol and drug screening.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- OPEN UNTIL FILLED
- How To Apply:
How to Apply:
Start your application by visiting: https://barminco.com.au/
Please include copies of your Ontario Underground Common Core Modular Training Transcript and all other certifications you may have that is relevant to the role you are applying for.
We look forward to reviewing your application, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Want to know more about Barminco, Check out our website here https://barminco.com.au/ or follow us on LinkedIn @Barminco
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: