Deadline Date: 2021/03/31
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Underground Mine Engineer, Strategic Planning to join our team at the Hemlo Operations near Marathon, Ontario.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing clarity and focus to the engineering group to help achieve and surpass the mine’s safe production targets and to add value to the operation through strategic mine planning.
More specifically, our Senior Mine Engineer will:
- Provide support to senior management during strategic planning activities to increase value and optimize use of resources
- Provide guidance and support to the team of engineers
- Provide technical support to the operations group to achieve mid-term and long-term objectives, maximize production, plan their activities and accurately measure key mining parameters
- Review plans and designs for regulatory compliance and compliance to client and company policies, procedures and standards
- Complete and review mine planning and design to increase value to operation, optimize grade control and minimize dilution
- Maintain, report and monitor production and performance data to ensure the client’s and company’s goals are achieved
Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor of Science in Mine Engineering
- P.Eng certification
- 5 to 7 years of mine operations and engineering experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a leadership role
- Be technically competent and have a good understanding of key business drivers in gold mining
- Ability to motivate and manage the engineering team
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written, and must be computer/systems literate
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
NOTE: Selected candidates will have to successfully complete a pre-employment Fit for Duty medical which includes alcohol and drug screening.
- Location: Hemlo Operations, Marathon, Ontario
- Open to Canadian Residents
This position works 14-days on / 14-days off.
It is a FIFO or DIDO position if you reside outside the Marathon, Ontario region.
Must reside within Canada.
What we offer:
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. can offer you a role where you will be challenged and valued for your skills and experience. You will also have the opportunity to develop and grow your career.
We offer a competitive salary, health and medical benefits, travel allowance, meals and camp accommodations in Marathon Ontario, located on the north shore of Lake Superior.
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. is part of the Perenti Group, Australia's second largest integrated mining services provider.
New to Canada, Barminco is already a global leader in hard rock underground mining. Together with African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) we have been operating for over 30 years in Australia and across Africa. New projects will see Barminco and AUMS grow to over 4,500 employees.
We provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects all over the world. At Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd., we are committed to fostering a culture that understands and values inclusion and diversity.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
How to Apply:
Start your application by visiting: https://barminco.com.au/
Please include copies of your Ontario Underground Common Core Modular Training Transcript and all other certifications you may have that is relevant to the role you are applying for.
We look forward to reviewing your application, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Want to know more about Barminco, Check out our website here https://barminco.com.au/ or follow us on LinkedIn @Barminco
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: