Deadline Date: 2021/09/30
Canadian Tire Marathon is now looking to hire a Service Advisor.
The Automotive Service Advisor communicates directly with customers, managing their needs and expectations regarding auto service maintenance and repairs. This role is the link between the technician and the customer. Superior customer service and communication skills are essential to success in this position and in enhancing the customer experience.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Sales and Service
Responsibilities and Tasks
· Provides excellent customer service and ensures ongoing commitment to the needs of the customer and their vehicle.
· Responds to customer inquiries in a timely manner, over the phone and in person.
· Understands customer needs and provides them with a complete solution.
· Shares ideas and suggestions to improve the customer experience in the Service Centre.
· Manages customer concerns and problems promptly.
· Deals with challenging situations in a professional manner.
· Ensures a smooth flow of communication with customers during repairs or maintenance work.
· Completes and reviews repair orders with customers.
· Estimates cost and time for service and repairs needs. Ensures final invoice is the same as estimate and vehicle is delivered on time.
· Acts as liaison between customers and technicians and manages the status of work orders.
· Schedules service and repair appointments.
· Operates computerized work order systems.
· Engages in learning activities and coaching to improve their own abilities.
· Shares potential opportunities or suggestions with the Service Manager to help the Automotive Service Centre be more profitable and to increase sales.
· Complies with company, store and department policies and health & safety program and regulations.
· Completes other tasks, as required.
· Knowledge of market trends in the automotive service industry.
· Knowledge and understanding of mechanical components of automobiles.
· Ability to work effectively with auto parts ordering systems and computerized work order systems.
Required Skills and Abilities
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
· Strong orientation towards customer service excellence.
· Strong belief in the Canadian Tire Values of honesty, integrity and respect.
· Ability to serve customers in a professional manner and to inspire their confidence and trust.
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
· Strong communication skills, ability to listen carefully and to give precise instructions.
· Aptitude for building and maintaining interpersonal relations, both with customers and coworkers.
· Ability to plan, organize, delegate and follow-up on daily tasks.
· Ability to resolve problems and make decisions.
· Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals.
· Ability to adapt and cope with pressure.
· Entrepreneurial and results oriented.
· Basic math and keyboarding skills.
· Good working knowledge of CoStar is an asset.
· Experience in a similar role, in a Canadian Tire Auto Service Centre, is considered an asset.
· Valid driver’s licence for province of employment.
Potential Career Opportunities
· Next levels: Service Manager, Store Manager and General Manager.
· Other automotive, customer service and management opportunities in a large network of more than 485 Canadian Tire Service Centres across the country.
· Career opportunities across the larger Canadian Tire family (Canadian Tire Petroleum, PartSource, Mark’s, FGL Sports Ltd, Canadian Tire Corporation Limited and Canadian Tire Financial Services).
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
In compliance with the store’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures:
· Standing/walking for 8 hours.
· Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
· Lifting and turning repeatedly throughout the shift.
· Lifting above the shoulder, from floor to shoulder and floor to waist.
· Going up and down a ladder while carrying merchandise.
· Walking and carrying things at the same time and pushing/pulling, as required.
· Twisting, turning, reaching and working above shoulder level.
Provides excellent customer service to all customers. Always prioritizes customers over other tasks. Shares ideas and suggestions on how to attract customers and improve the level of customer service. Helps team members deal with difficult customers. Understands customer needs and educates and empowers them to make an informed decision. Handles multiple customers. Is considerate of customers' time, responds in a timely manner and follows up with customers to give progress reports.
Honesty, integrity, respect:
Respects the line of authority. Openly shares opinions and suggests constructive solutions. Follows systems and procedures that protect the confidentiality and privacy of customers. Reports behaviours that may have a negative impact to the Automotive Service Centre, customers and other important policies. Readily admits own mistakes and learns from them. Does not hide facts to avoid negative consequences. Is open, fair and treats others equally within the Service Centre.
Leading and managing:
Conducts work that is aligned with the Service Centre and Dealer's vision. Participates in discussion around goals for the Service Centre and takes ownership to achieve challenging goals. Works in collaboration with other team members and shares tips and personal learning to help colleagues. Has a positive attitude and strong work ethic. Works independently on tasks and helping customers, is resourceful and shows ability to find answers. Shows a personal interest and motivation to improve, is open to learning activities and coaching and asks for feedback.
Growing the business:
Is aware of key factors impacting sales and overall performance of the Automotive Service Centre. Shares potential opportunities or suggestions to help the Service Centre be more profitable and increase sales. Understands how own actions, suggestions, sales efforts and customer satisfaction contribute to overall sales and profitability. Thinks in terms of profit, loss and productivity when resolving customer issues and applies that knowledge every day. Uses tracking tools.
Problem solving and decision making:
Shares honest feedback and opinions on technical and operational issues to prevent future problems and influence decisions. Uses appropriate tools to resolve issues permanently. Considers relevant factors when making decisions about customer/staff issues and complaints. Understands what decisions he/she is empowered to make and when it is appropriate to escalate them to the Service Manager. Resolves problems at the service counter.
Is aware of own communication style and its impact on customers and colleagues and can adapt own style when appropriate. Communicates with impact and influence. Shares knowledge and information in a simple but convincing way, despite challenging situations. Consistently communicates professionally, politely and clearly with others and openly shares feedback when appropriate. Integrates new information and ensures a smooth flow of communication with customers. Communicates clearly and professionally in writing.
Regularly suggests how procedures, policies and work methods could be adapted to make the Automotive Service Centre function better. Speaks positively about required changes. Adapts interpersonal style to suit different types of audience. Effectively manages stress and pressure. Remains calm, courteous and composed when under pressure and handling multiples demands. Moves ahead with work in a positive way, despite setbacks.
Work as a team:
Participates in building a team spirit and culture when interacting with others and understands their own role within the team. Shares credit with others. Develops effective and supportive relationships and gets along well with others. Respects store guidelines and rules that show respect for cultural and religious differences.
Plans, organizes, delegates, follows up:
Plans and organizes the work to be accomplished on a daily basis. Delegates work orders to team members based on type of work required, skill sets, experience, time to get work done and customer's needs and satisfaction. Organizes own as well as team's time effectively and works on task lists or project’s created by the Service Manager in order to meet his/her weekly and daily goals and direction. Follows up daily on tasks assigned to ensure progress. Executes tasks in a timely manner.
Takes action and delivers results:
Always looks for ways to work more efficiently but not at the expense of the customer. Shows initiative and takes actions that are aligned with the Service Centre goals and achieves them. Accepts challenging tasks and works hard to achieve results. Takes ownership of the assigned work and objectives, focuses on achieving results and provides SM with regular updates on progress. Gets things done as quickly as possible in a safe and efficient manner.
Supports Service Manager and/or Dealer's decisions when sharing with team members. Shares health and safety concerns with Service Manager. Understands the need to strictly follow legal and Health and Safety regulations, enforces them and explains how to respect them. Learns and follows the Service Centre's systems, rules, policies, processes and procedures and understands the consequences of not complying with them.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Interested candidates are asked to apply with a resume to Northwest Employment Works Marathon via email at:
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Northwest Employment Works
- Position Title:
- Employment Programs
- Company Name:
- Confederation College
- 52 Peninsula Rd
- Postal Code:
- P0T 2E0
- (807) 229-3223
- Web Address: