Deadline Date: 2022/01/31
Location: Marathon, Ontario, Canada
Category:Trade & Skilled
Work Term: Permanent
Work Load: Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. has exciting opportunities for Service Crew workers to join our team underground at the Hemlo Operations near Marathon, Ontario.
This position works 14-days on / 14-days off
Shifts are days and nights.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for their safety and the safety of their co-workers while installing and maintaining mine services infrastructure and equipment.
More specifically, our Service Crews will:
- Comply with all safety and standard operating procedures
- Hang ventilation bags and move/install secondary ventilation fans
- Extend water and air services as needed
- Erection of vent walls and brattices (partitions)
- Manually install cable bolts and grouting to specifications
- Move and install pumps, pump-lines, leaky feeders, and firing lines
- Repair services and equipment within capabilities, such as vent bags, poly pipes and valves
- Be open to learning new methods and be willing to share their skills and knowledge with co-workers
- Performs other related work as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalency
- Demonstrated commitment to working safely while ensuring the safety of others
- Minimum 3 years of experience working underground
- Underground Common Core certification
- Must be physically fit with ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written
- Be flexible and willing to assist with a variety of other tasks as required
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. can offer you a role where you will be challenged and valued for your skills and experience. You will also have the opportunity to develop and grow your career.
We offer a competitive salary, health and medical benefits, travel allowance, meals and camp accommodations in Marathon Ontario.
NOTE: Selected candidates will have to successfully complete a pre-employment Fit for Duty medical which includes alcohol and drug screening.
- Location: Hemlo Operations, Marathon, Ontario
- Open to Canadian Residents
- Starting as 14 shifts-on / 7 shifts-off (days and nights)
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. is part of the Perenti Group, Australia's second largest integrated mining services provider.
New to Canada, Barminco is already a global leader in hard rock underground mining. Together with African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) we have been operating for over 30 years in Australia and across Africa. New projects will see Barminco and AUMS grow to over 4,500 employees.
We provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects all over the world. At Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd., we are committed to fostering a culture that understands and values inclusion and diversity.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
For full job posting and to apply, visit:
Please include copies of your valid Ontario Hard Rock Miner Common Core Modules, certifications, licenses and all other certifications you may have that is relevant to the role you are applying for.
We look forward to reviewing your application, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: