Deadline Date: 2021/05/31
Magino Mine, Dubreuilville, Ontario, CANADA is now looking to fill the role of Specalist, Field Procurement
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
Reporting to the Project Controls Manager, the Field Procurement Specialist will work with key stakeholders in order to understand their requirements, compile specifications, (SOW) scopes of work, facilitate vendor selection and negotiate agreements utilizing templates tools and processes such as RFP’s, RFQ’s, and RFI’s. The position will will also be responsible for the demand planning, category strategies, execution of sourcing activities, recommendation of award, negotiations of contracts, monitoring of contract performance, category risk management and supplier development activities for assigned categories.
As this is a start-up operation, the successful candidate must have a strong focus on building mutually beneficial relationships with strategic suppliers to ensure ongoing value is delivered through contractual relationships.
- Responsible for leading the full range of procurement processes in a cross functional role, included but not limited to, day to day procurement of supplies.
- Attend on site meetings remotely that involve daily procurement organization. As well as other duties assigned by Site Controller.
- Develop, implement, and manage contracts and service level agreements for the procurement of goods, services and leases.
- Investigate, develop, and promote the use of progressive supply chain tools and technologies to accomplish procurement objectives.
- Serve as the primary contact relating to procurement and contract management for all participating departments.
- Develop and foster successful, long-term business relationships and ongoing process improvements with key suppliers.
- Identify opportunities for operational and procurement process improvement.
- Review non-contracted purchases to identify opportunities for standardization, contracting and cost reduction.
- Facilitate the approval, prioritization, and sourcing process for approved capital items.
- Perform bid activity for sensitive/highly visible complex bids.
- Provide site direction and performance reporting for cost analysis to senior management.
- Lead negotiations for high impact commodities, providing guidance on negotiations, strategy, and negotiation planning, developing a commodity strategy, and presentations/communication consistent message to suppliers.
- Responsible for assisting and identifying opportunities for improvement, participating in procedural projects within supply chain team; support implementation of the projects.
- Ensure proper and complete documentation for working and audit purposes.
- Monitor and share key performance indicators to understand key performance areas of responsibility.
- Any other duties/projects/assignment as discussed with the Department Head.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Commerce, Purchasing and/or Supply Chain Management required
- G Class Driver’s License (Required)
- 8-10 years' progressive experience in procurement role
- Minimum of 3 years of contracts experience, SCMP or PMP designation.
- Mining industry experience desired.
- Ability to work both independently and as a collaborative member of a project team.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse cross-cultural workforce.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
The Magino Project is a brown-fields site located in northern Ontario, Canada that contains an historical underground gold mine, landfill and tailings management facility ("TMF"). The Corporation conducted a Feasibility Study during 2017 that examined mining the deposit using conventional open pit mining methods and extraction of gold from the ore using a 10,000 tonnes per day carbon-in-pulp ("CIP") mineral processing facility. When developed, Magino will produce around 150,000 ounces of gold per year during the first five years of production. The project has over a 15-year mine production life (including one year of pre-production).
- The role is located at the Magino Mine, which is approximately 88 kilometers northeast of Wawa, Ontario, Canada.
- The ideal candidate for the role will work a rotation of four days on and three days off,ten hours days OR as operational needs require
- Magino promotes a drug and alcohol-free workplace and has adopted a zero-tolerance policy with respect to alcohol or unauthorized drugs on site.
Date Posted: 2/22/2021
Location: Dubreuilville, Ontario, CANADA
Reference No.: 2021-1609-1
Position Type: Full Time
Schedule: 4 days on, 3 days off (10 hours)
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- OPEN UNTIL FILLED
- How To Apply:
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to be part of building a new mine in Canada and to build a career with a positive and supporting work environment, submit your resume by visiting: Careers - Careers at Argonaut, Argonaut Gold Inc.
Argonaut Gold is an equal opportunity employer, values diversity in its workforce, and encourages applications from qualified candidates. Wherever possible, accommodations are made for qualified applicants with self-declared disabilities. Argonaut Gold thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Company reserves the right to administer relevant tests to shortlisted candidates selected for interviews, in an effort to determine their suitability and the preparedness of those candidates to accept and perform in the role for which they have applied.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Argonaut Gold
- Â Dubreuilville
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: