Deadline Date: 2022/02/28
Location: Thunder Bay
Join our Growing Team!
George Jeffrey Children’s Centre (GJCC) is a paediatric health facility in Thunder Bay, Ontario providing occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech-language pathology, social work, recreation, and behaviour support services to children and youth with physical, communication and developmental needs. We are currently seeking talented speech-language pathologists to fill several positions.
- Posting Date:
- Thunder Bay
- 200 Brock Street
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
To be considered for these positions, candidates should meet the following criteria:
· Registration with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario
· Demonstrated understanding of rehabilitation services within the paediatric service sector
· Proven ability to work effectively as part of an inter-disciplinary team
· Ability to collaborate with service partners, families, caregivers and other stakeholders
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Creativity and flexibility to provide service in a variety of settings
· Authorizer Status, Assistive Devices is considered an asset
· Knowledge and experience working with Indigenous peoples and communities is considered an asset.
· Bilingualism English/French is considered an asset.
· Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a personal vehicle
All full-time positions are thirty-five hours/week. GJCC offers a competitive compensation package, including participation in the Hospitals of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP). Successful candidates may be eligible for relocation reimbursement. Successful candidates will be required to review and abide by George Jeffrey Children’s Centre’s Policy on COVID-19 Vaccination.
- 4 – Regular, full-time, Community and School-Based Programs
1 - Temporary (12-months), full-time, Community and School-Based Programs
Required - travel within the City of Thunder Bay and surrounding area.
1 – Regular, full-time, Rural Services Program
Required - travel within the District of Thunder Bay. Residency outside of the City of Thunder Bay will be considered.
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to enrich children’s lives, while enhancing your professional and personal growth in our team-based environment. Passion for providing the best possible standard of care, understanding of paediatric rehabilitation services, and exceptional people skills are key to succeeding in this role. We encourage applications from qualified candidates, who share our vision of empowered and inspired children, youth and families.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
We are looking for earliest start date possible for all positions. These opportunities will remain posted until filled. Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume with covering letter to:
George Jeffrey Children’s Centre
200 Brock Street East
Thunder Bay ON, P7E 0A2
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Rhonda Lento
- Position Title:
- Human Resources
- Company Name:
- George Jeffrey Children's Centre
- 200 Brock Street
- Thunder Bay
- Postal Code:
- P7E 0A2
- Web Address: