Deadline Date: 2022/02/28
Location: Thunder Bay
Under the general supervision of the Deputy City Clerk and the technical direction and guidance of the Lottery Licence Officer assists with the Lottery Licensing Program.
- Posting Date:
- Thunder Bay
- 125 Syndicate Ave South Suite 42 McKellar Mall
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Participates in the determination of lottery licensing eligibility status, eligible use of gaming proceeds of organizations and reviews and processes lottery applications in accordance with the rules and regulations as established by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario and related by-laws and corporate policies and procedures.
- Receives, documents, and assists in the investigation of complaints Assists in auditing Lottery Reports/ Files for compliance with Provincial and Municipal rules and regulations.
- Maintains appropriate supplies of lottery licences, application forms and terms and conditions documentation.
- Submits required quarterly reports to the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
- Acts as a commissioner for taking affidavits.
- Assists in the administrative process and election tabulation procedures of Municipal and District school board elections, as required.
- Provides back up relief for Administration by performing the duties of Deputy Division Registrar by: issuing burial permits and marriage licences, collecting applicable license fees, and responding to general phone and counter inquiries.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be a student enrolled in a post-secondary program
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be at an intermediate skill level in word processing and spreadsheets software and must possess basic on-line data entry skills
- Must possess the ability to interpret relevant legislation/regulations and be courteous and tactful in dealing with the public and demonstrate an understanding of good customer service
- An ability to communicate verbally and in writing is essential
Conditions of Employment:
- Must undergo a successful Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC)
- May be required to travel to various work locations and provide own transportation
- Must take the Oath of Secrecy
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Please apply online at www.thunderbay.ca under CMGR-S3-22
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Carly Toppozini
- Position Title:
- Classification Analyst
- Company Name:
- Thunder Bay, City of
- 125 Syndicate Ave South â€“ Suite 42 McKellar Mall
- Thunder Bay
- Postal Code:
- P7E 6H8
- Web Address: