Deadline Date: 2022/02/12
Forsite, an innovative forest and land management company, with several locations throughout B.C. is looking for candidates interested in challenging entry level position(s) within our Northern and Southern Interior Operations.
- Posting Date:
- 330 42nd St SW
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Varied
- Natural Resources, Agriculture
Seasonal forestry staff will be responsible for providing technical support to project teams in all aspects of timber development and silviculture operations. Multiphase timber development includes timber reconnaissance, field engineering, riparian and ecological assessments, timber cruising, and GPS traversing. Silviculture services include surveys, prescription development, planting supervision, and silviculture management.
Four and eight month terms are available. Graduates have excellent opportunities for full-time employment.
- Full time, hourly position with overtime paid after 8 hours.
- Competitive remuneration package with a comprehensive benefits with boot and equipment allowance.
- Dynamic, positive, team-orientated work environment.
- Excellent graduate opportunities
- A safety conscious attitude.
- A passion for forestry and working outdoors.
- Preference given to candidates with a valid driver’s license with a clean abstract.
- Must be enrolled in a forestry program.
- Must provide personal field gear (boots, cruiser vest, rain gear).
In addition, you should demonstrate the following:
- A professional, friendly and courteous manner, being service & team oriented.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Initiative and perseverance.
- Self-direction, flexibility and the ability to work under limited direct supervision.
- An ability to get along well with others.
- A willingness to learn and accept new challenges.
If you have not already done so, please go to http://www.forsite.ca/careers-for-students and view Forsite's Student Recruiting video.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our employees and their families, our communities, and our clients. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for proven medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodation consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the company pursuant to applicable law.
Forsite is looking for the most suitable individual for the position available with the skills and knowledge to effectively complete the duties required of the position. Applications are welcome from anyone. At Forsite, we foster and sustain an environment of diversity & inclusion where everyone can reach their full potential.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Please apply through https://forsite.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=144.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Kyla Petkau
- Position Title:
- Sales Coordinator
- Company Name:
- Forsite Consultants
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: