Deadline Date: 2021/07/02
Work Description and Contract for Summer Employment RESEARCH ASSISTANT
Between Beverly Anne Sabourin & Associates (hereinafter referred to as BASA) and (hereinafter referred to as the research assistant)
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
Responsibilities & Reporting Requirements
Consistent with the proposal outline and terms of reference identified in the information packet prepared for the Champions Project and the proposed anthology, Canadian Human Rights Champions – The Arduous Journey, the work required is to be carried out over an eleven-week period, beginning Monday, June 7th and ending August 20th, 2021. The research assistant will be required to work 25 hours per week at a rate of pay of $14.00 per hour.
1. Review and become thoroughly acquainted with The Champions Project and, in particular the proposed publication of the anthology, Canadian Human Rights Champions – The Arduous Journey
2. Research and identify all post-secondary institutions in Canada (accredited universities and community colleges) that have defined undergraduate and/or graduate degree/certificate programs, centres or institutes in the fields of social justice and human rights, peace and conflict studies, gender studies, disability studies, ageing, indigenous studies, race relations. In doing so;
• provide the full name and mailing address of the post-secondary institution, the name of the undergraduate or graduate degree/certificate programs, and/or affiliated centres or institutes in the fields of social justice and human rights, peace and conflict studies,
gender studies, disability studies, ageing, indigenous studies, race relations – along with two primary contacts in each area who are responsible for the program/institute and their email addresses.
3. Undertake and prepare a synopsis of biographical research on a number of potential candidates identified by BASA who may be included in the anthology, Canadian Human Rights Champions – The Arduous Journey.
4. Other related research responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time during the eleven-week period of employment.
This position is for a university student, preferably in her/his junior or senior year at a university or community college, enrolled in a program the primary emphasis of which is in the field of social justice and human rights. Demonstrated experience in undertaking online research in these fields of study is essential. The research assistant must be familiar with basic computer programs such as Microsoft Word and the use of email. For reasons of the personal safety of the student and BASA representatives, the student will work from home, must have a telephone and access to a computer. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic should a “face-to-face” meeting be required, it will only be undertaken if absolutely necessary and under the strictest of required safety conditions permitted at the time by public health authorities.
Conditions of Work // Payment of Salary
It is understood that the research assistant will work from home and may be required to meet with BASA so long as all safety precautions are undertaken.
BASA agrees to pay the research assistant the sum of $700.00 bi-weekly minus all government-required deductions, beginning Friday, June 21st 2021.
The consultant will report directly and on a weekly basis to Peter Globensky, managing partner of BASA in the execution of the project.
The present work description and agreement cannot be changed without the prior approval and expressed consent of BASA. It is understood that the assignment of “other related research responsibilities” as noted above does not constitute a modification of this agreement. This present agreement replaces all other contracts, verbal or written, between the parties hereto.
• Ownership of Documents
At the termination of the present work period, all current and completed work and all resource materials will be submitted by the research assistant to BASA and will be the property of BASA.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Interested candidates are asked to apply via email to email@example.com
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Peter Andre Globensky
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Beverly Anne Sabourin & Associates
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: