Deadline Date: 2021/10/29
The SUPERINTENDENT, Supply Chain will be responsible for all aspects of the supply chain function for construction and operation of the mine site, including day to day procurement functions, inventory control and warehousing.
Location: Dubreuilville, Ontario, CANADA
Reference No.: 2021-1704
Position Type: Full Time
Schedule: 4 days on, 3 days off
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Natural Resources, Agriculture
- Ensure all aspects of supply chain are compliant with health, safety and environmental requirements and best practices.
- Oversee all day-to-day supply chain related functions, improvement program implementation and employee related activities including, but not limited to hiring, structural organization, corrective initiatives, termination, and overall management of all Supply Chain personnel.
- Continual demonstration of the ability to accurately identify Business risks from a Supply Chain perspective and act to mitigate accordingly.
- Develop, establish, implement, and maintain purchasing policy, procedures, and systems, and monitor the adherence of these procedures within Magino operations and its suppliers.
- Approve all material requisitions for procurement and execute all supply agreements on behalf of Supply Chain operations.
- Ensure successful procurement of goods through effective buying and supply agreements in terms of costs, quality, quantity, warranty, product support, and availability.
- Play a key role in aligning with Magino Operations Readiness to ensure all materials management activities have been completed and ready for operational start-up.
- Develop goods procurement plans, goals, and strategies based on user department requirements and provide regular progress status reports of all goods supply activities.
- Manage supply agreements and supplier administrative matters relating to compliance and interaction, claims, warranties, return and repair, hazmat management, disputes, invoicing/payments, correspondence, review meetings, back charges, taxes, insurance, liability, indemnities.
- Identify ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems.
- Provides continual training, guidance, and mentoring of direct reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- 3 - 5 years in a supervisor capacity within mining or an industrial environment.
- Solid knowledge of procure-to-pay supply management processes.
- Experience working with business computer systems - ERPs (purchasing, expedite, warehousing, transportation, and inventory control).
- Previous mining, energy, or oil and gas experience preferred.
- Strong, demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Proven ability to manage and develop a Supply Chain team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in building trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- The role is located at the Magino Mine, which is approximately 88 kilometres northeast of Wawa, Ontario, Canada.
- The ideal candidate for the role will work a rotation of 4 days on / 3 days off.
- Magino promotes a drug and alcohol-free workplace and has adopted a zero-tolerance policy with respect to alcohol or unauthorized drugs on site.
The Magino Project is a brown-fields site located in northern Ontario, Canada that contains an historical underground gold mine, landfill and tailings management facility ("TMF"). The Corporation has conducted a Feasibility Study during 2017 that examined mining the deposit using conventional open pit mining methods and extraction of gold from the ore using a 10,000 tonnes per day carbon-in-pulp ("CIP") mineral processing facility. When developed, Magino will produce around 150,000 ounces of gold during the first five years of production. The project has over a 15-year mine production life (including one year of pre-production).
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume online by visiting https://www.argonautgold.com/English/careers/careers-at-argonaut/default.aspx?JobId=2108&ComingSourceID=&p=%2fCands%2fJob.aspx#careersIFrame
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Argonaut Gold
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: