Deadline Date: 2021/08/31
Location: Pic Mobert
We are currently seeking Teachers in Various Grades 1 to 8 commencing immediately, with opportunities for the right candidates to continue on with us for the new school year commencing in the fall of 2021.
- Posting Date:
- Pic Mobert
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
• Work collaboratively with administration to organize and implement LRP and daily lesson plans
• Experience with various methods of instruction, assessment and evaluation
• Develop an effective learning environment with a focus on their cultural background
• Maintain effective classroom routines as well as excellent classroom management skills
• Maintain effective curriculum planning according to the Ontario Curriculum Guidelines
• Appreciation an understanding of Aboriginal culture and traditions
• To teach diligently the class assigned; to facilitate learning and encourage students to strive for success.
• To model the Seven Teachings: love, respect, wisdom, humility, bravery, honesty and truth
• To participate in and contribute to community life and development by maintaining positive relationships with families, First Nation leadership and departments and other stakeholders
• To participate as a resource person in the development of a strategic plan for education
• Ontario College of Teachers Certificate in good standing
• Experience with differentiated instruction and teaching a multi-grade classroom
• Reading Specialist and/or Special Education qualifications would be an asset
• Must have excellent communication, interpersonal skills and strong team work ethics
• Experience working with and in Indigenous communities would be a strong asset
• Willingness and ability to contribute positively to community life and development by being a role model and participant in community activities
• In light of the ongoing pandemic conditions, flexibility to respond to changing teaching conditions, including remote learning.
Netmizaaggamig Nishnaabeg (Pic Mobert First Nation) is an Ojibwe Nation with a community population of approximately 400 situated within our traditional lands on beautiful White Lake.
Netmizaaggamig Nishnaabeg has undertaken a process of self-governance in education and offers a unique opportunity to merge your skills, knowledge and experience in western education with our Anishnabe culture within our ancestoral lands.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- Deadline Date: Ongoing
- How To Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume, certificate of qualifications for the Ontario College of Teachers, 3 professional references, most recent teacher appraisal (copies only,) and current criminal record check. Email to Stan Sabourin, Education Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Potential candidates will be required to provide a police record check, including vulnerable persons check, and complete a drug screening test prior to any offers of employment taking place.
We thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Stan Sabourin
- Position Title:
- Education Manager
- Company Name:
- Pic Mobert First Nation
- Pic Mobert First Nation
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: