Deadline Date: 2021/12/31
Location: Various locations
External Job Posting
Temporary Child & Youth Workers
St. Joseph Catholic School, Geraldton, ON
Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School, Longlac, ON
St. Edward Catholic School, Nipigon, ON
St. Hilary Catholic School, Red Rock, ON
Competition Number # 2021-22-208
SNCDSB is searching for a collaborative, dynamic leader that supports student
engagement, well-being and achievement within a Catholic organization.
- Posting Date:
- Various locations
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Social Science, Education, Government Service and Religion
The Child & Youth Worker is responsible for providing assessment of the strengths and needs of
children and youth. The CYW shall ensure that the rights of the children and youth are respected
and addressed in accordance with legislation and SNCDSB standards, policies and procedures. The
Child and Youth Worker will provide interventions and/or in-classroom support for children in
accordance with their scope of practice and in collaboration with other members of the board's
multidisciplinary team. CYWs may be assigned to specific classrooms to support complex/special
needs children. The CYW will participate in board and school committee work, the development and
implementation of Student Success Plans, staff training, student placements and consultation to
other staff and the board multi-disciplinary team.
- A Child and Youth Worker degree/diploma from a recognized and accredited university or
- A member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers would be
considered an asset
- Experience in children’s mental health or related field of practice which may include
residential, school-based and/or home-based work
- Knowledge of the range of theories and practices applicable to the children's mental
- Knowledge and experience in working with children who require mental health and/or
- Minimum of one-year experience is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with a full range of students, including students with special needs,
utilizing specific skills and training.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with teachers,
administrators and outside agencies.
- Ability to provide instructional, behaviour and student support.
- Ability to use patience, empathy and understanding in developing and maintaining a rapport
with students and in resolving problems or issues that may arise.
Conditions of Employment:
- Current Pastoral Reference (if applicable)
- Successful Completion of all Safety training courses
- Must undergo a successful vulnerable police record check
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by: Open until
Superior North Catholic District School Board is committed to employment equity and encourages applications
from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available
upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility
for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Superior North Catholic District School Board
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: