Deadline Date: 2021/12/06
Location: Red Lake
Reporting to the Director, the Mental Health and Addictions Therapist is primarily responsible for providing assessment, treatment planning, clinical intervention, crisis response, and follow-up to adults with mental health problems and persons twelve (12) years of age and older with substance abuse and gambling problems. Indirect services are aimed at increasing community awareness of mental health and addictions issues.
- Posting Date:
- Red Lake
- P.o. Box 5005, 51-hwy 105
- Start Date:
- $36.55 - $41.34
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Health, Social Science, Education, Government Service and Religion
- Interview clients experiencing mental health and/or addiction problems, involving family members and other resources as appropriate;
- Conduct bio-psycho-social assessment of persons presenting to the agency using mental health and/or addictions screening tools as appropriate;
- Formulate treatment plans and goals with the collaboration of clients and appropriate collaterals;
- Assist clients in achieving identified goals, using acceptable clinical practices;
- Arrange for consultation from other disciplines as necessary (e.g. Psychiatric, Medical, etc.);
- Monitor pharmacological interventions for efficacy and adverse reactions;
- Provide group counselling and psycho-educational workshops as indicated by the needs of agency clientele or the community at large;
- Have an awareness of and assess for all aspects of risk, intervening as appropriate when risk is identified;
- Respond to crisis situations, conducting assessment and taking action to restore persons to their pre-crisis level of functioning (includes CISM);
- Provide consultation to and work with other staff, agencies, and professionals in providing services to those with mental health and addictions problems;
- Respond to requests for consultation from Physicians and Hospital staff with regard to the management of hospitalized patients with emotional and/or addictions issues;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date files, documenting client functioning, progress, and response to therapeutic interventions;
- Complete documentation in accordance with prescribed agency, Ministry, and legal standards;
- Maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Program and administrative duties, as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work / Clinical Psychology / Behavioural Science is preferred; however, consideration will be given to experienced individuals with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must be registered / eligible for registration with an appropriate professional college.
- Have direct experience in counselling persons with mental health and/or addictions issues;
- Be skilled in interviewing and conducting clinical assessments with use of standardized tools (e.g. GAIN Q3 MI ONT; OCAN; etc.);
- Have practice in developing clear treatment plans addressing both mental health and addictions issues;
- Use best practice and evidence-based approaches in providing treatment for adults (18+) with a variety of mental health difficulties
(e.g. anxiety; trauma; mood disorders; personality disorders; etc.);
- Use evidence-based interventions when providing treatment for persons 12 years and older with substance abuse and problem
- Utilize an integrated treatment approach when addressing co-occurring mental health and addictions issues;
- Have thorough knowledge of the principles and current practices in the field of psychotherapy;
- Be experienced in providing crisis intervention and suicide intervention.
- Be skilled in using Motivational Interviewing, Trans-theoretical Theory of Change, CBT, DBT, and other empirically-supported treatment approaches.
- Familiarity with Aboriginal issues and training in CISM, ASIST, and EMDR is preferred.
- Strong typing, word processing and email skills, a satisfactory Criminal Records Check, a valid driver’s license, and access to a vehicle are necessary.
This position is currently being offered as either Permanent Full-Time (on-site) or as a Virtual / Remote Contract position (approx 6 months).
Up to $3000 in relocation assistance is available, as well as health/dental, pension, disability/life, and 5 weeks of paid time off for the Permanent Full-Time option.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Pearl Fleming
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Red Lake Margaret Cochenour Memorial Hospital
- P.o. Box 5005, 51-hwy 105
- Red Lake
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: