Deadline Date: 2021/05/17
The Group of Seven Lake Superior Trail is a tourism development project that will connect a land trail from Pukaskwa National Park to Neys Provincial Park. The trail will link some of the painting sites of the Group of Seven from their frequent trips to the Marathon area from 1921-1928.
This trail is a partnership project between the Biigtigong and the Town of Marathon. The Group
of Seven Trail is the primary economic project of Marathon’s growing tourism and ecotourism
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
Trail Crew, MARATHON 35 hours per week – 11 weeks In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, the Trail Crew staff will oversee building new trails
and maintaining existing trails in the Marathon area. We are hiring 4 positions including Trail Crew Leader (Field Supervisor).
Key Responsibilities include:
• Conduct trail maintenance and remediation of trail issues, and build new trail sections
• Install trail signage including wayfinding, trailhead and other interpretive signage
• Work with other trail crew members to establish a safe, fun and inclusive working environment.
• Positively represent G7 Trail’s mission and programs in all interactions with trail users and the public.
• Routinely perform maintenance and safety checks on equipment and keep maintenance records.
• Provide digital photo documentation of work in progress
• Any other duties as determined.
Successful candidates will have:
• Ability to work in a team setting and communicate effectively.
• Experience taking initiative and problem solving.
• Physical ability to work outdoors in adverse conditions with required equipment.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following experience but is not required:
• Trail maintenance experience
• Experience with landscaping or trail construction, Studying Outdoor Recreation, Parks and Recreation, Tourism or related field
• Those with experience in outdoor guiding and interpreting
• Travelling in wilderness settings
• Trails Certification Program
• Candidates must be between 16-30 as per Canada Summer Jobs specifications.
• This position requires working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
• This position requires the candidates to have a high level of fitness.
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn and properly used.
• Assistance in finding local accommodation can be provided.
• For more information on the project, visit www.groupofseventrail.com.
The Town of Marathon is a small community on the north shore of Lake Superior, just west of Pukaskwa National Park. The town boasts many amenities (grocery store, shopping malls, library, hospital) and many more all while being surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements to: Kirsten Spence, Project Coordinator at email@example.com by May 17 th, 2021 at 5PM EST.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Kirsten Spence
- Position Title:
- Project Coordinator
- Company Name:
- Group of Seven Lake Superior Trail
- Postal Code:
- P0T 2E0
- Web Address: