Deadline Date: 2021/10/31
Location: Any City
A New Way to Gain Paid Work Experience with Venture for Canada
Are you looking for part-time, paid work experience that gives you inside access to the startup world?
VFC's Intrapreneurship Program connects teams of students (Intrapreneurs) to startups and SMEs, to solve business challenges and projects over 7-weeks. Get exposed to new industries, companies, and careers, and start building your professional network for potential job opportunities!
- Posting Date:
- Any City
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Various Opportunities
- As a part of the program, you will:
- Be matched to a start-up's project based on your areas of interest, in a small group of 2-5 students.
- Each project runs for 7-weeks, and you'll work ~10 hrs/week. Intrapreneurs are PAID a stipend up to $1,170 upon completion of the Intrapreneurship.
- Get exposed to projects in marketing, project management, communications, and more.
- Put your skills to the test. Have an internship or co-op term coming up? Not sure where your skills or interests lie? Don't have access to a full-time internship or co-op? Intrapreneurship is perfect for getting real-world experience and career clarity without a long-term commitment.
- Join the #VFCCommunity and meet new friends, mentors, or even future business partners! You'll grow your professional network of diverse changemakers who are passionate about entrepreneurship, innovation, and making an impact.
- Get access to up to 20 hours of VFC training, designed to support your Intrapreneurship success! The training develops five in-demand skills: resiliency, teamwork, communication, analytical capabilities, and problem-solving.
- PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Refugee.
Enrolled full or part time in an accredited college or university in Canada.
Studying any discipline, at any diploma or bachelor degree.
While Intrapreneurship is open to all Canadian students, our program is designed to support meaningful work opportunities for students who identify as member(s) of underserved groups, including:BIPOC;
Newcomers to Canada;
People with disabilities;
Women studying in STEM fields;
Students living in a rural/non-urban community.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until February 2022. Projects begin at the start of each month, you must apply before the 20th of the previous month to be accepted into the upcoming project cycle. All opportunities are fully remote.
APPLY TODAY -- https://bit.ly/3uPycT2
Learn more about about VFC programs at our Info Session on October 19th - https://ventureforcanada.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_wY0pFxLmRxWc8qOBafA17w
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Aaron Brown
- Position Title:
- PSI Outreach Lead
- Company Name:
- Venture for Canada
- 720 Bathurst St.
- Postal Code:
- M5S 2R4
- Web Address: