Deadline Date: 2021/05/31
The Ontario Clean Water Agency is current accepting Expressions of Interest for a potential position in Manitouwadge, Ontario
Your Opportunity: Join our team as a water/wastewater professional with OCWA. In this role, you will use your skills to
operate and maintain the water and wastewater facilities.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
Your Key Responsibilities
• Work a regular 8 hour shift (40 hour week) with a requirement to be on call during off hours (on call constitutes carrying a pager) in order to respond to alarm conditions;
• Monitor all facility processes through visual inspections, by using the computerized "SCADA" System, or by taking readings from the process control equipment in order to make any adjustments to the equipment and processes which will ensure the efficient operation of the facilities;
• Operating equipment as required to maintain process in compliance;
• Take samples of the wastewater, water and chemicals at designated locations within the facilities, analyzing, by conducting standard tests, in order to make process control adjustments, and/or forwarding to a laboratory for analysis to ensure facility compliance with the legislated standards;
• Mixing chemicals and adding to the process in accordance with standard operating procedures, or as dictated by the quality of the wastewater or water;
• Check all equipment for signs of wear, noting as to whether corrective action is required, cleaning and lubricating in accordance with manufacture's specification, established operating procedures, or as required.
• Maintaining adequate inventories of chemicals, lab supplies, etc. and ordering when required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
1. Demonstrated technical skills and knowledge of the maintenance and repair of a variety of equipment and structures such as hydraulic, electric and internal combustion pumping systems with knowledge of basic electrical repair, welding (both electric and acetylene), plumbing (copper, steel and plastic), millwright;
2. Ability to use a full range of hand and power tools. Physical dexterity and ability to work in confined spaces, dirty and/or noisy environments;
3. Knowledge of basic mathematics and chemistry in order to make calculations regarding chemicals and operating processes;
4. A willingness and ability to obtain water and wastewater certification at the highest level of the facilities;
5. Previous experience working for a professional services company with solid reputation and high level of personal and professional credibility;
6. Ability to use and understand operating and maintenance manuals, blueprints and other technical specifications. Familiarity with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, knowledge of health and safety procedures, and of WHMIS;
7. Knowledge of the proper use and storage of industrial chemicals. Familiarity with computerized monitoring systems, such as SCADA, and of menu driven corporate software available on the electronic network;
8. A valid drivers license, class G, is also required.
Salary: $24.42 - $27.16 per hour, additional pay for licenses, a defined benefit pension plan, comprehensive health plan, life and disability insurance.
OCWA is an agency of the Government of Ontario, reporting to the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks. Our employees are part of the Ontario Public Service. As the largest provider of water and wastewater services in Canada, we manage over 800 facilities from small well systems and lagoons to large water and wastewater treatment plants.
What’s In It For You
It's important to us to provide exciting and challenging work to our employees. At OCWA, we hire
a diverse and inclusive workforce largely made up of individuals who require licenses or a skilled
trade. We invest in our employees by providing training and opportunities across the province.
Top 5 Reasons to Work With Us
1. Work for the best. The Ontario Public Service is voted one of the top 100 employers in Canada.
2. Make a difference. The work you do directly benefits the environment, communities and people in Ontario.
3. Plan your career path. We encourage development and progression within the organization. Employees can determine the route they want to take to achieve their career objectives. We offer diverse work opportunities from IT and Human Resources to Engineering and Operations management across the province.
4. Invest in your future. We invest in training and developing employees to reach their potential.
5. Join a great team. The employees at OCWA have passion and purpose, and value the work they do in the communities they serve.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
Send application/resume with covering letter to: Patrick Albert, Email PAlbert@ocwa.com
Note: Thank you for your interest, we will contact you only if we choose you for further screening or
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Patrick Albert
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Ontario Clean Water Agency
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: