Deadline Date: 2021/01/31
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Jumbo Offsider to join our team at the Williams Mine, Hemlo Operations near Marathon, Ontario.
This position starts as a 14-days on / 7-days off rotation, eventually moving to 14/14 . Shifts are days and nights.
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for their safety and the safety of their co-workers while assisting the Jumbo Operator.
This is a physically demanding role and the successful candidate must be ready to work hard.
More specifically, Jumbo Offsider will:
- Handle materials such as samples and drilling tools
- Assist with production sample collection
- Underground services installation, including integrated tool carrier operation
- Truck driving as required
- Maintain ground support areas
- Assist with mine pump maintenance
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum high-school diploma or equivalent
- Commitment to working safely while ensuring the safety of others
- Experience working in an underground mine
- Previous experience as a Jumbo Offsider (Driller helper) would be an asset
- Valid driver’s license
- Be flexible and willing to assist with a variety of tasks as required
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly
- Strong communications, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Location: Hemlo Operations, Marathon, Ontario
- Open to residents of the Marathon/Manitouwadge area
- Starting as 14 shifts-on / 7 shifts-off (days and nights)
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. is part of the Perenti Group, an ASX 200 company and Australia's second largest integrated mining services provider.
New to Canada, Barminco is already a global leader in hard rock underground mining. Together with African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) we have been operating for over 30 years in Australia, India, and across Africa (Egypt, Ghana, Tanzania, Botswana and Burkina Faso). New projects will see Barminco and AUMS grow to over 4,500 employees in 2020.
We provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects all over the world. We look forward to receiving your application for the opportunity presented below.
At Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd., we are committed to fostering a culture that understands and values inclusion and diversity.
What we offer:
Barminco Mining Services Canada Ltd. can offer you a role where you will be challenged and valued for your skills and experience. You will also have the opportunity to develop and grow your career.
We offer a competitive salary, with health and medical benefits.
NOTE: Selected candidates will have to successfully complete a pre-employment Fit for Duty medical including alcohol and drug screening.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- Open until filled
- How To Apply:
Your interest and experience can be expressed by applying ONLINE at https://barminco.com.au/
Want to know more about Barminco, Check out our website here https://barminco.com.au/ or follow us on LinkedIn @Barminco
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: