Deadline Date: 2022/01/18
Primary Workers/Kimisinaws have direct and daily contact with women offenders. They are essential to fulfilling the Correctional Service of Canada's (CSC) mission of enhancing public safety by actively encouraging and assisting offenders to become law-abiding citizens, while exercising reasonable, safe, secure, and humane control.
For further information on the department, work environment, careers at CSC and application process, please visit our website at http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- $70,958 to $89,068
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Law Enforcement
Primary Workers are the main, daily contact for women offenders. As a Primary Worker, you will work at:
- One of five federal institutions for women
- The Okimaw Ohci Healing Lodge for Aboriginal women offenders (as a Kimisinaw)
- The Regional Psychiatric Center in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Primary Workers are key members of the correctional team. They work with colleagues such as Psychologists, Behavioural Counsellors, Parole Officers, and others. Together, they develop each woman offender's correctional plan. They encourage the women to participate in reintegration programs.
Other common Primary Worker duties you may perform:
- conduct routine rounds and offender counts
- search cells, offenders, visitors, vehicles, living units and surrounding areas
- verify safety equipment
- draft daily logs
- manage offender caseload
- submit reports
- brief visitors, volunteers and other criminal justice professionals who enter the institution
Correctional Institutions operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. As a result, you work shifts, including some weekends and statutory holidays. You may also be required to work overtime on occasion.
We encourage Aboriginals and Visible Minorities to apply for these positions.
A secondary school diploma, or a satisfactory score on the Public Service Commission (PSC) test approved as an alternative to a secondary school diploma; or successful completion of a provincially/territorially approved secondary school equivalency test.
Experience in the provision of services in an education, work, and/or volunteer environment. The candidate must successfully complete the CSC Correctional Training Program (CTP) and the Women Centered Training program (WCT): https://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/careers/003001-0002-en.shtml#10
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- Apply online at: https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/psrs-srfp/applicant/page1800?toggleLanguage=en&poster=1640000
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- National Recruitment
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Correctional Service of Canada
- 360 Laurier Ave. W.
- Postal Code:
- K1P 5K3
- Web Address: