Deadline Date: 2021/05/14
Location: Thunder Bay
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is made up of a team of experts who understand local communities and assess every property in Ontario. What we do provides the very foundation that municipalities use to base the property taxes needed to pay for the services we use every day.
- Posting Date:
- Thunder Bay
- Start Date:
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Property Valuation Clerk
- Here’s what you will do as part of the team:
• Prepare reports and presentation materials for appeals, requests for reconsideration, FOI/GRAD requests, Supplementary/Omitted Assessment reports, etc;
• Respond to telephone and walk-in enquiries from taxpayers and municipalities;
• Input data relating to supplementary and omitted assessments, correspondences, etc. to corporate databases including IPS, WMS and Worksight;
• Process all incoming and outgoing mail/courier packages;
• Coordinate the distribution and storage of fleet keys/binders on a daily basis;
• Schedule meetings for Managers and other team members and responsible for taking meeting minutes;
• Coordinate premise security locally including access and ID cards with support from Facilities Coordinators, including photos, door keys, file cabinets and desk keys;
• Monitors and replenishes general office supplies; maintains inventory of equipment/tools and arranges for repair/replacement as required; and
• Prepares bank deposits for cash/cheques received in the field office, ensures that an authorized staff member has initialed deposit slips and deposits funds into MPAC’s account.
- Here’s what you will need to succeed:
• At least two years of clerical experience;
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Excellent oral, written and customer service skills;
• General knowledge of MPAC’s business processes and filing requirements;
• High rate of attention to detail and accuracy to meet deadlines; and
• Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- What’s in it for you:
• Competitive compensation
• Great corporate culture
• Flexible work
• Opportunity for growth
• Strong focus on learning, professional accreditation and mentorship
• Leading edge technology
Full time MPAC employees also enjoy: competitive benefits package, defined benefits pension plan, three weeks’ vacation to start, parental leave top-up and more.
Posting number: MPAC-131-21
Number of Positions: 1
Location: Thunder Bay
Hours of work: 36.25 hours per week
Employment type: Full-Time
Department: Valuation and Customer Relations
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- How To Apply:
- Ready to apply?
Click on this link https://www.brainhunter.com/frontoffice/seekerJobDetailAction.do?sitecode=pl707&jobId=2355220&page=search followed by the “Apply Online” icon once within the posting, create your candidate profile and upload your resume and cover letter by May 14, 2021. Please note, only applications submitted through the Applicant Tracking System will be accepted.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background verification with Mintz Global Screening. By applying to this job posting, you are providing your consent to MPAC to share your name, email address and phone number with Mintz, to conduct the criminal and driver abstract check and for Mintz to disclose the results to MPAC, should you be the successful incumbent.
MPAC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and communities we serve.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Position Title:
- Human Resources
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: